- 16-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper with IEEE 802.3at PoE+ injector function
- 2 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper interfaces
- 2 1000BASE-X SFP interfaces
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet end-span PSE
- Up to 16 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered (ports 1~16)
- Supports PoE power up to 32 watts for each PoE port, with a total PoE budget of 185W.
- Each port supports 54V DC power to PoE powered device
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Supports PD alive function
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m in standard mode with 250m in extend mode
- Hardware-based 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Supports IEEE 802.3x flow control in full-duplex mode and backpressure in half-duplex mode
- Integrates address look-up engine, supporting 8K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K jumbo frame supports all speeds (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Hardware DIP switch for Standard, VLAN and Extend mode selection;
- VLAN mode: Ports 1 to 16 cannot communicate with each other, but can communicate with the uplink ports 17 to 18 and SFP ports 19 to 20
- Extend mode: Ports1 to 8 have data rate of 10Mbps. The farthest transmission distance of up to 250 meters and all ports can communicate with each other.
- VLAN mode is to isolate ports to prevent broadcast storm and defend DHCP spoofing
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) function (IEEE 802.3az)
- 12-inch desktop size, 1U height
- LED indicators for system power, per port PoE ready and PoE activity, speed, Link/Act
- 1 silent fan to provide stable and efficient power performance
- Supports contact discharge of ±6KV DC and air distance discharge of ±8KV DC for Ethernet ESD protection
- Supports ±6KV surge immunity
Centralized Power Management for Gigabit Ethernet PoE Networking
To facilitate 32W PoE power network applications with Gigabit speed transmission, the GSD-2022P is equipped with 16 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 extra Gigabit TP ports and 2 1000BASE-X SFP interfaces with the inner power system. With a total of 185 watts of PoE budget, it features high-performance Gigabit IEEE 802.3af PoE (up to 15.4W) and IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (up to 32W) capabilities on all ports.
By offering reliable switching technology and advanced networking features, the GSD-2022P optimizes the installation and power management of network devices such as wireless access points, VoIP phones, and security cameras. It also eliminates time and cost of deployment by integrating power and data switching into one unit and freeing network devices from restrictions of power outlet locations and the additional AC wiring.
Perfect Integrated Solution for PoE IP Surveillance
The GSD-2022P brings you an ideally secure surveillance system at a lower total cost. The GSD-2022P provides 16 10/100/1000Mbps 802.3at PoE+ ports able to feed sufficient PoE power to 16 IEEE 802.3af/IEEE 802.3at PoE+ IP cameras at the same time. It is also able to connect with one 16-channel NVR or two 8-channel NVRs, uplinked to backbone switch and the monitoring center. With such a high-performance switch architecture, the recorded video files from the PoE IP cameras can be saved to the NVR system where the administrator can control and monitor the surveillance images in both the local LAN and remote sites.
Ethernet Data Transmission Distance Extension
The DIP switch provides “Standard”, “VLAN” and “Extend” operation modes.
- The GSD-2022P operates as a normal IEEE 802.3at PoE+ switch in the “Standard” operation mode.
- The “VLAN” operation mode features port-based VLAN function that helps to prevent the IP camera’s multicast or broadcast storm from influencing each other.
- In the “Extend” operation mode, the GSD-2022P operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but supports 20-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable.
With this brand-new feature, the GSD-2022P provides an additional solution for 802.3at PoE+ distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation.
Powered Device Alive Check
The GSD-2022P adopts not only Power over Ethernet technology, but also automated PD monitoring and real-time PoE status.
The PD alive check feature is applied in Standard, VLAN and Extend modes. After the PoE of the port is powered on, the device starts to detect whether the port is transmitting data. If the port does not transmit data and the duration exceeds a specific time, PoE will automatically power off and then re-power. It also will greatly enhance the network reliability in that the PoE port will reset the PD power, thus reducing administrator’s management burden.
Flexible Extension Solution
The two mini-GBIC slots built in the GSD-2022P are compatible with the 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceiver, uplinked to backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters (multi-mode fiber) to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.